top of page


How can Endodontists help?

If your tooth suddenly hurts or doesn’t look the way that it normally does, it’s important to find out what’s going on as soon as possible. The best way to find out what’s causing the issue is to see a dental professional. Your dentist can do an exam on your tooth and the surrounding area as well as use x-rays, if needed, to see what’s going on inside your tooth and under your gum line. Many things that can cause a tooth to hurt or become discolored are actually happening beneath the surface and need to be diagnosed by a dental professional.

If your dentist discovers that you have a damaged tooth, they may recommend a filling, or if it’s more serious they might recommend that you see an endodontist for a root canal. 

Some dentists can perform root canals, but endodontists are specialists in the treatment of the root of the tooth, so your dentist may refer you to an endodontist to ensure that you receive the optimal care.

What could be the source of my tooth pain?


Tooth pain can emerge from different sources. It is important to diagnose the source of pain to provide the best and accurate treatment:

  • Shallow cavity > Filling

  • Deep cavity > Root Canal Treatment

  • Infected Root Canal Treated Tooth > Root Canal Retreatment 

  • Broken down tooth > Extraction

  • Gingivitis/Periodontitis > Periodontal Treatment

Do I need a referral to see you?


We prefer if you have a referral slip from your general dentist so that we can make sure we can offer the right services to you and relieve your pain. However, you can still make a consultation appointment without a referral slip. If the recommended treatment plan was not offered in our office, we might have to refer you to a general or specialist dentist. We will do our best to reduce your pain through prescribed medications so that you can start feeling better as soon as possible.

tooth abscess
bottom of page